We are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly successful and well-established legal firm for a Commercial Property Solicitor with a Minimum of 3 years PQE. This is fantastic opportunity to join a professional, friendly, and dedicated law firm who offer excellent high-quality work. As Commercial Property Solicitor, you will provide general commercial property support to the rest of the team, including investment sales and purchases, Landlord and Tenant and property development. You will be responsible to ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business plans.
On offer for the successful Commercial Property Solicitor is a competitive salary and generous benefits package, career progression and extensive support to enable professional growth.
Our client specialises in providing a full range of legal services with a personable approach that is different from other large firms. Their ethos is centred around being approachable and friendly, whilst getting effective results for their clients in and around Northwich and Knutsford: they are able to embody the personality of local solicitors whilst utilising the resources of a large law firm.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures.
- Mixed agricultural / commercial property role.
- To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
- Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and holidays for example.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
- To be considered for this position, you will be a qualified Solicitor with a good history of working independently on a range of commercial property transactions, including strong experience on development work. Agricultural experience useful, but not essential
- You will join a busy department which continues to receive regular instruction from their loyal and diverse client base. You will advise clients on a broad range of matters pertaining to commercial property and handle a caseload focusing on commercial acquisitions and disposals and landlord and tenant matters
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team and produce work quickly and accurately often within tight timescales. You will therefore have the ability to remain calm when working under pressure and strong IT skills.
- In addition to the above, you will need to be flexible and self-motivated. You will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and thrive upon a demanding workload.
- An entrepreneurial flair or interest in business development would also be a welcome asset given the Department’s commitment to growth and to involving all its members in marketing and development initiatives.
What we offer you:
- Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience
- Pension scheme with employers’ contributions
- Generous annual holiday entitlement
- Friendly, professional office environment located in Northwich
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.