We are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly successful and well-established legal firm for a Commercial Property Solicitor with a Minimum of 5 years PQE. This is fantastic opportunity to join a professional, friendly, and dedicated law firm who offer excellent high-quality work. This is a key hire for the team and as Commercial Property Solicitor you will become a key figure within the Commercial Property offering in Chester. As Commercial Property Solicitor, you will provide general commercial property support to the rest of the team, including investment sales and purchases, Landlord and Tenant and property development. You will be responsible to ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business plans. Reporting to the Team Head, you must be able to conduct matters unsupervised and be able to provide support for more junior lawyers.
On offer for the successful Commercial Property Solicitor is a competitive salary and generous benefits package, career progression and extensive support to enable professional growth.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel and SRA Code of conduct).
- To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
- Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and holidays for example.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
- Admitted as a solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE in Commercial Property
- Other experience and relevant qualifications relating to Commercial Property
- Agricultural experience useful, but not essential
- Ability to attract new work
- Landlord/ estate experience essential
- Experience with site assembly for both residential and commercial developments, including dealing with planning agreements and infrastructure agreements
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these.
- A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
- Efficient, well organised, and timely.
- Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday entitlement +bank holidays
- Extra half day’s holiday to use in your birthday month
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Free Legal Services
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.