We are working on behalf of our client who is looking for an experienced Company Accountant to join their rapidly growing business. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Company Accountant will be responsible for providing an operational and strategic financial insight to assist with business operations. Other duties will include managing cash flow planning and monitoring budgetary planning. The Company Accountant will be able to interpret complex financial information and create and maintain relationships with clients and contractors. You will have excellent change management and leadership skills and have strong attention to detail. In return our client is paying a competitive salary and has an attractive benefits package.
- Provide operational and strategic financial insight to assist with business operations and sustainable growth
- Oversee and prepare monthly management accounts package and annual statutory accounts, including corporation tax computations, adhering to tight deadlines
- Ensure that all the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation; update and implement financial policies and procedures as appropriate
- Monitor financial accounting systems and processes to ensure quality systems, controls and best practice
- Manage cash flow planning and monitoring; as final point of authorisation for all bank payments, ensure efficient anti-fraud checks are in place across the department; seek out methods to minimise financial risk
- Identify cost savings across the department and the business, including personal tax savings for the owners
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each department; relay cost analysis and variances on monthly basis to assist with department budget planning and KPIs
- Quarterly company-wide budgetary planning; including identifying upcoming and current capital requirements, initiating appropriate tax planning and securing attractive funding
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed; including any costing or profitability ad hoc projects as requested by the board
- Contract auditing and tax services to ensure financial monitoring is up to date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banks, finance providers and accountants
- Supervise financial assistants (two direct reports) and other employees in the facilitation of day to day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, pension etc
- Work with human resources to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department; establish and implement a training programme for established and new finance employees.
What experience will you have?
- Excellent change management and leadership skills
- Management experience
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of business principles
- Superior attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Computer skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualification necessary. (Part qualified will be considered if at the professional stage of the qualification)
- Membership preferred for CPD compliance
- 3+ years of accounting experience needed
- Commercial accounting desirable but will consider practice candidate
- Excellent track record in academia - either AAT or a finance or non-finance degree.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.