We are looking for a determined, focused and results driven Business Development Consultant to join a rapidly growing IT and Telecoms business based on the outskirts of Chester. As Business Development Consultant you will be responsible for managing your own pipeline business in order to secure new business from both generating your own leads and the appointments set for you by the Business Development team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager or Senior Sales Executive with IT and telecoms experience, who is looking for their next move into a field and desk based consultative business development role. If you are looking for a company at the front of their field who are forward thinking, constantly evolving and that offer the scope for personal progression, development and uncapped earning potential (OTE £60k+) then this could be for you. Due to the nature of the role it is essential you drive and have your own vehicle.
Our potential customers are spread throughout the UK, they range from sole traders to large International PLC’s, and our commitment to every one is the same. We focus on providing the right advice in ALL areas of Technology. The role of the BDC is crucial to our success in building a diverse and profitable base of customers. To be the key commercial contact for our potential customers.
- Gaining deep insight to understand a potential customers business and their plans on how Mobile, Connectivity, Telephony, IT and mobile device solutions will aid their own growth and development plans.
- Generate opportunities from calling data as well as leads supplied from BDA’s.
- Gain referrals and leads for additional products and services, not limited to Hosted Telephony, Unified Communications solutions; Connectivity (ADSL: Leased Lines; EFM); Secure Networks (MPLS); Security/Devise Management Solutions; Fixed Lines and Calls; IT Services
- Ensure all quotations and proposals are sent in a professional manner and timescale agreed with the potential customer.
- Ensure our customers are delighted with all aspects of our Service and Commercial proposition
- Attend client meetings when necessary.
- The role will flex with the needs of your customers and the ever changing connected world in which we operate so the ability to cope with constant change is a must.
- Making sure CRM system is updated
- Achieve personal and team targets and Key Performance Indicators
- To ensure you attend all training modules on all aspects of products and services to ensure you can identify opportunity when speaking to our customers. You must become conversant in all products and services and an expert on mobile solutions.
- To clearly demonstrate your ability to build a pipeline of opportunity in accordance with your targets.
- Sales process: discovering needs; building trust and relationships; negotiation skills; closing skills.
- Understanding of Portals/Systems (network; supplier; internal – BPST; Vodafone; Sales Assistant; Plan.com; CRM).
- Knowledge of tariffs across networks and pros and cons of each.
- General knowledge of all Products and Services and how they benefit clients.
- Understanding of our market places; competition; alternative products
- Be able to manage own time and workload/ workflow effectively
- Demonstrate communication and influencing skills
- Time management skills
- Dealing with difficult situations/people.
- Do the best job you can, going the extra mile and being proud of it
- Act with honesty and integrity, stick to what you say you’ll do
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure zero confusion
- React with pace
- Work as one team, all pulling together to achieve our mission
- Listen to one another, and to our customers
- Help each other whenever needed
- Welcome change
- Be positive, always have a half full attitude
- Face your challenges head on and use the resources around you to succeed
- Ability to self-learn and develop knowledge of the products/markets we operate in
- Do everything you can to make this a great place to work
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.