This is a great opportunity for an experienced UX Designer to join an ambitious and fast-growing rental service that guarantees an impeccable end-to-end service based in Manchester. As UX Designer you will be an integral part of the companies growth in order to provide a transparent and slick experience to our customers. As UX Designer you will have experience in a similar role and will be joining the product team in Manchester city centre to help shape and take their resident experience to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate UX Designer looking for their next move to join a forward thinking and evolving organisation whereby you can have a real impact on the future growth of the business. Our client is offering a great starting salary, flexible working, 33 days holiday and the potential for equity in the business.
We’re on a mission to become the global renting brand, making renting a home as easy as booking a hotel — without the typical rigmarole that most renters face.
We’re a young, well-funded startup, two and a half years in. We’ve over a hundred amazing homes in the heart of London and have just launched in New York. Now, we’re looking for a talented User Experience / UX Designer to join our Product & Engineering team here in Manchester city centre to help us shape and take our resident experience to the next level.
What you get…
- Amazing opportunity. Make a real difference to the future of renting.
- Variety of work. Across resident-facing applications, operations and branding, with a healthy mix of meaningful features, vision pieces and incremental improvements.
- Incredible team. Get to work with our bright bunch of product people and engineers, plus seasoned experts in property, commercials, operations and marketing.
- Perfect size. We’re off to a great start and we’re still small enough where your ideas really influence our everyday customer experience.
- Practical practices. We’re modern and agile with just enough process to keep things fresh and interesting. We can take the time to think or go from vague concept to live code all in the same day. All the good stuff of daily standups, weekly show & tells, monthly spike days and retrospectives etc.
- High standards for a startup. Competitive salary, contributory pension, low-bureaucracy environment, 25 days holiday + bank holidays every year, company equity, flexible hours and days from home if that’s your thing.
What we need…
- 2 years+ professional experience designing user experiences for digital products.
- Voice of the end-user. Bring research and empathy to our everyday conversations.
- Understand the system. You work in flows and solve problems end to end, always with an eye to the whole experience.
- Practical and hands-on. You know how to get things done. When to sketch, prototype, visualise or when just a few words with the right person adds the most value and keeps us moving.
- Eye for detail. You understand the basics, spot those tiny details and appreciate how the small things add up.
- Curiosity. Genuinely driven to make things better for people. Maybe you even have other creative superpowers like copywriting, motion, front-end, illustration?
- Close collaboration. We work with a variety of people and skill-sets across engineering, operations, commercials and marketing.
- 2 years+ professional experience
- Be the voice of the end-user
- Understand the whole user experience
- Practical and hands-on
- Eye for detail
- Close collaboration
- Proven experience as a UX Designer
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to ways of working
- Pro-active approach
- Deadline hitter
- Team player
- High level of commercial awareness
- Bags of confidence and initiative
- Equity in the business
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Lovely Manchester City Centre Office
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.