We are recruiting for an experienced Paraplanner to join a well-established, independent and award-winning wealth management company as they continue to grow. Our client pride themselves on working with their clients to create and preserve wealth through effective financial planning and portfolio management with a relationship-based approach. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Paraplanner within financial services looking for the opportunity to now progress into a senior role with more responsibility. A small, friendly and professional working environment is on offer, competitive starting salary, scope for personal progression along with a great benefits package.
The role of the Paraplanner is to support the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) when informing and advising Clients on financial strategies, plans and products.
- Supporting the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) in research and analysis to meet Client needs and objectives
- Supporting the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) in preparing Client financial plans and suitability reports
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships to help maintain business flow and meet agreed targets
- Promoting the profile of the business within the profession and wider communities
- Continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs
- Ensuring that any business conducted is done in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally.
The role holder is responsible for:
The technical aspects of preparing for Client meetings, including:
- Preparing and compiling financial analysis data
- Analysing Client data and preparing cash flow analyses
- Researching products to support recommendations
- Compiling financial planning recommendations and suitability reports
- Providing support for the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s)
- Ensuring that all regulatory and compliance standards are met
- Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties
- Ensuring that all Client requirements are followed through to the appropriate conclusion
- Managing, recording and monitoring Client annual reviews on behalf of the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s)
- Assisting the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) with Client presentations and any other activities as agreed
- Individual workflow and task delivery
- Assisting the Head of Research with annual technical reviews of services and products.
The role holder will keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business and its Clients.
The role holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake reasonable additional or other duties as are necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Level 4 Diploma qualified or working towards this
- Previous experience within a fast-paced IFA Practice
- High level of analytical capability and good communication skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to deal with client queries and demands in a calm and friendly manner
- Analytical with precise attention to detail
- A methodical thinker with the ability to quickly solve issues that arise with minimal disruption
- Proficient in Word, Excel & PowerPoint, able to produce PowerPoint presentations when required
- Ability to think outside the box to support the Advisor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable with face to face & telephone client interaction
- Knowledge of related regulation and legislation
- Competitive starting salary
- Opportunity of progression and personal development
- Holidays start at 23 per year increasing by 1 day each year to year 5
- Company bonus structure in place based upon performance and targets
- Company pension scheme, the company will match up to 5% contribution
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.