We are working exclusively with a trusted outsourced energy broker based in Chester who are looking for a driven and results focused Energy Broker to join their team. As Energy Consultant your role will be a combination of sales initiatives including following up warm leads, managing existing accounts and generating new business opportunities. As Energy Consultant you will have a sales background within the energy industry, with a proven track record of hitting targets. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Energy Consultant looking to advance their career with a small yet growing organisation where you will work closely with the Director to implement the sales strategy for the business. You will be given warm leads and existing clients to manage from day one. If you’re fed up of working for a big corporate where you have no input and every day is the same, then this is a perfect opportunity to use your entrepreneurial flair where your ideas are heard for business that is growing and has further exciting plans ahead. Our client is offering a competitive starting salary, uncapped commission, warm leads, free parking, pension and flexible working.
To assist new and existing clients with their SME & Corporate energy renewals.
A day in the life….
- To assist existing clients with their energy renewals by proactively working the renewal pipeline to ensure our high retention rate is maintained
- To promptly deal with new warm leads as they are provided by management
- To obtain new opportunities by asking for referrals from happy customers
- To be willing to develop new opportunities by prospecting data, as and when the pipeline requires it
- Manage the progress of upcoming opportunities and leads through the CRM system, and provide weekly updates to management on your pipeline
- Accurately profile prospects, collecting all the information required - including letter of authorities and billing information - as to understand a prospects current position with regards to their energy contracts
- Request information on prospects energy accounts from the incumbent suppliers, if required
- To audit prospects current energy bills and provide feedback to the prospect with the aim of creating an opportunity to quote on their energy renewal
- Price SME and Corporate opportunities through the CRM system and provide quotations to customers in a timely manner
- Negotiate prices for corporate tenders with supplier account managers
- Provide consultative advice to customers on the solutions available to them
- Arrange the sign-off of relevant contract documentation and submit it through the CRM
- To focus on making the customer experience as easy and hassle free as possible
- Manage the on-going customer relationship, including liaising with customers to solve any of their contract/billing queries, with the support of admin
- To learn new product offerings that can be promoted to new and existing clients
- Previous proven experience within the energy market is essential
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with clients with the customer always at the forefront of your mind
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Self-motivated with a positive and pro-active attitude
- Ability to relate to customers across a range of positions, from sole traders to directors & chief executives within large corporations
- Enthusiasm to work for a growing company and a desire to help the company expand and broaden its position within the industry
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday
- Additional day off on Birthday, if it falls on a working day
- Statutory workplace pension
- Normal working hours – 8.30 – 5pm but happy to consider flexible working as long as the needs of the business are met as we discussed.
- Uncapped commission scheme
- Opportunities to grow into management roles as the business develops.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.