This successful Consultancy has been operating for 35 year and have 5 offices around the north west. They are involved in a range of projects from refurbishment and underpinning through to large-scale housing developments and multi-million pound commercial premises supplying engineering consultancy and design services for the entire scheme; highways, drainage and structures.
More about the Role
Based in the Lancaster office
The core purpose of the role is ensuring that best Civil engineering design practices are applied within the office and to assist the Directors with improving design services and operational efficiency.
In addition, maintain the existing client base as well as generate new clients and areas of work.
Delivery of a high standard of civil engineering consultancy services and contributing to the continued growth of the business including but not limited to;
· The output of civil engineering work of the company including site work and report writing.
· Civil engineering services including Highways to relevant council standards, Drainage to sewers for adoption to 6 & 7th addition, and BRE digest and CIRA design guides.
· Design access statements to local design standards.
· Review of site investigations/surveys and reports relating to pavement design
· Project management including the preparation of quotations for professional services and investigations, scheduling of work for delivery on time/budget/quality.
· Development of the civil engineering section of company, including marketing and developing services within this sector and assisting development of other services provided by the company.
· Continuing Professional development of self and staff working within your field of expertise, maintaining CPD records necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
· Training and development of junior staff within the company and within the area of your own expertise
· Assisting the company directors in improving company efficiency, technical systems, specifications etc.
· Preparation of fee quotations for approval of directors.
· Planning and management of civil engineering design services and related work - ensuring delivery to time and budget.
· Adhering to all company systems, procedures, work instructions.
· All other reasonable instructions from directors.
The organisation is looking for leaders, who are coming in qualified to help and manage the civils team. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience with knowledge of Highways and Drainage design, and competence of Section’s 104, 278 and 38.
Three top requirements-
· At least Civil Engineering degree qualified, preferable CEng MICE
· Highways and Drainage Design and Detailing Experience with a Consulting Engineer (not Local Authority)
· Experience of PDS/ AutoCAD software and of Section s38, s278, s102, s104, s106 agreements
£40,000 - £50,000
24 days (4 have to be taken at Christmas) plus Bank holidays
Death in service
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.