Our client who cater specifically for the craft consumer market are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join their rapidly growing global team based in Wrexham. As Creative Design Manager your role involves working alongside the Global Head of Creative to support with the structure and development of the strategy for the department set against the business objectives and goals. This is a brand new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Creative Design Manager who is passionate about creative design whilst leading a team. As Design Manager, you will be a strong communicator with the ability to trouble shoot. Our client is offering a competitive starting salary, 22 days holiday, free parking and pension.
This role involves working alongside the Global Head of Creative to support with the structure and development of the strategy for the department set against the business objectives and goals. You must structure the department to support the business growth plan will be responsible for supporting the team to build their individual skill sets to allow for their personal development. You must be a strong communicator and able to trouble shoot solutions as and when they arise, being able to understand the business objectives is key to the success of this. You must ensure cross department alignment and communication is achieved.
- Have a thorough understanding of the creative outlook for the business and its various brands and ensure that this is communicated throughout the team.
- Structure of relevant trend reports and presentations to support the vision and ethos of the business as it is currently and in line with future growth opportunities.
- Ensure that the Creative Design Team are providing insights from the market expectations and their ideas for product development to support the business 5 year product development pipeline.
- Implement global procedures as directed by the Global Head of Creative to support ease of communication and task completion.
- Support the Global Head of Creative with new and existing licensed designer relationships.
- Ensure the team have a good understanding of the full strategy within product development and marketing communications so that they are able to support and deliver on tasks.
- Identifying possible problems within the department and its structure and proposing solutions to the Global Head of Creative.
- Ensure the 'brands look and feel’ is understood and adhered to within the team and is communicated throughout the business.
- Ensure that you and the team have a good understanding of our customer classification and the reasons behind why we develop bespoke collection.
- Understand the data sets delivered from PD and Supply chain in order to deliver clear objectives and deliverables to your team and train your senior team members to also understand this information so that they are able to support as and when required.
- Inspire and lead the team to their individual KPI’s and business objectives set for them each year.
- Manage department budget by tracking and reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Manage team deadlines and ensure they are executed on time, communicating issues which are likely to impact this is essential to create transparency within the department.
- Ensure department processes are communicated and adhered to, updating when necessary.
- Impliment product packaging developments including the approval process communicating with the relevant stakeholders and ensuring all information is collated and timelines are adhered to.
- Must have high standard of visual communication skills
- Must be highly creative with the ability to adapt to a wide variety of creative environments/challenges
- Must have previous experience working in a creative environment and leading a team
- Must be articulate, friendly and outgoing in order to convey a variety of ideas and concepts
- Ability to work to a very high standard while under pressure
- Must keep up with developments in the UK/European/ROW and spot/anticipate trends
- Previous experience using Adobe software including Photoshop and Illustrator is essential
- Experience of working within the creative industry is preferred
- Must have good basic standard of literacy and numeracy
- Must be organized and have excellent time management skills
- An excellent starting salary
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of probation period
- Free Parking
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.