My client is the market leader in modular space and portable buildings with over 50 years’ experience. They provide temporary and permanent space solutions to all market sectors including education, health, industry & commerce, construction, infrastructure, petrochemical, utilities, retail and events. They provide both permanent and temporary modular buildings solutions which are constructed off-site and can be delivered and installed anywhere in the UK.
More about the Role
You will be reporting to the design manager and become a vital part of the team.
Main duties will include:
- Manage the detailed design process liaising with internal stakeholders, external consultants and supply chain as required
- Production of detailed design drawings and information using Revit and AutoCad
- Provide technical expertise in client and design team meetings
- Attend project co-ordination meetings with clients and end users to agree reviewable design data
- Ensure best value in design to meet and increase the profitability of the project
- Manage design risk and monitor its mitigation through design Risk Assessments
- Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
- Ensure design is compliant with legislation and employers’ requirements
- Coordinating design information between supply chain
This new role is due to expansion and growth and you will need to have the following experience:
- Proven track record in technical design and detailing of large commercial construction projects
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with other construction professionals and end users
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Knowledge of materials/construction methods
- Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
- High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, resilient, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
Advantageous Skills and competencies
- Experience and expertise in Offsite or Modern Methods of Construction
- Experience and expertise within the Education sector
- Knowledge of Education and Health related Regulations / Codes of Practice
Relevant Construction based HNC/Degree an advantage
Salary is £40,000, career progression, Holidays, Pension.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.